Maj Gen K.R.P. Rowel (Retd) RWP VSV USP ndu USACGSC
Attached to CDRD On :
Current Appointment : Director General
- BSc Engineering Honours Degree in Electronics and Telecommunication - University of Moratuwa
- MSc in National Security and War Studies - National Defence University, Pakistan
- Chartered Engineer in Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering (M-7229)
- 1st Electronics and Telecommunication Charted Engineer of the Sri Lanka Army.
- 1st in the Order of Merit and Commandant's Honours of the 1st Army Command and Staff Course conducted at the Army Command and Staff College - 1998, Sapugaskanda.
- Best Foreign Student at the US Army Signal Center - 1997, USA with an aggregate of 96.42%.
- Qualified from United States Army Command and General Staff College - 2001, USA
- Qualified from National Defence University - 2013, Pakistan with Honours
- Awarded with the medals of Vishishta Seva Vibhushanya (VSV), Utthama Seva Padakkama (USP) – Medals of Meritorious Service Awarded by the President of Sri Lanka) and the gallantry medal Rana Wickrama Padakkama (RWP) for act of bravery in the battle field with eight other service medals